Saturday, January 19, 2013

Let's Get Started.

Hi there. Let me introduce myself again: My name is Ladi Joseph Oluwarore. I am a development consultant based in Ibadan, Nigeria. I created this blog for you and other people who desire to have their own shelter through affordable means. This has been my passion for about two decades now, and through the initiatives that I pioneered successfully, several cooperatives have acquired their own estates, many of which are fully occupied by owners and tenants today.

After the brilliant success of our Happy People Cooperative Housing Estate in Ibadan in the 1990s, I have been approached by several positive minded people to collaborate on another venture into property development, particularly for affordable shelter. I thought deeply about the results of the previous program, its strong points and shortcomings, and decided that whatever has to be done in the future must be a great improvement over our past achievement.

This is where we are now: Getting started. I need to elaborate clearly on the procedure that will take us to our dream quality environment, which I believe should serve purpose of providing either economic benefits for each participant or meeting the shelter needs of those in need. In some cases, the two benefits will be achieved.

If you are ready to go with us, I would like to inform you that our program will begin by building from the socio-economic to the physical. Of course we all know that this is an inverse procedure to the normal. Yes, that is the nature of our program because we want all stakeholders to be involved and have inputs from the inception. By this, I mean that we follow the next steps one after the other.....
(1) First, we get the future neighbors and investors together,
(2) Then we get the land and associated resources,
(3) Next we get the techniques of developing affordable housing,
(4) And finally, we develop the high quality estate that we desire.

It is imperative that willing participants indicate their interest by giving accent, making comments and contributions, and leaving their email addresses on this blog. We must start with a group of not less than 10 people, of which I am one, and in which three other people have expressed strong interest. Will you join this highly beneficial program? Please indicate now.

No comments: